All 7 art Reviews

Mae Mae

Not a fur fan, but you do have a way with cell shading, and the body proportions are quite good.

98 98

Excellent start.
Remember to define your edges well, and I would add some texture differences in the body to give it even more "pop".

For instance, (this is just me, but) I would keep the grey portions with that sort of "matte" texture they have atm, and I would add some highlights and smooth out the red portions to give them a gloss finish. Maybe add some subtle chrome elements, as well. Hope it helps!

Live With the Flow, Mama Live With the Flow, Mama

I'm not too up to date on my anime'
but this looks like a cross b/t Johnny Bravo and perhaps Red Line?

If it is, great match, and *almost* perfect execution. Red Line's animation made excellenct use of thick, black calligraphication, and very deep, bright highlights, as well as non-traditional colored light sources. I love the piece, but I'd loveto see you experiment with implementing a couple of these!

Winona and Dirk Winona and Dirk

I don't care for the obvious generic anime' trope influence, so you lose points for that, sir. (ma'am?)

But, I do really see ingenuity in your drawing style.
Everything, but the faces and eyes, (which look as though you're attempting to marry the anime style with your own, which is ill suited match) is great.

Smashega responds:

I see what you mean. I was trying to combine my own style with Erebun's so I guess it didn't come out too well. I was never good with drawing anime anyway. Thank you for your honest critique.

Eira portrait thingy Eira portrait thingy

Truly generic.

Plague Plague

Shit's tight, mang.
Great contrast while retaining subtlety.
Subtlety isn't normally my cup of tea, so I respect that, yo.

zephyo responds:

dammmmmmmmmmmn thank you lol

Falco Joins the Fray Falco Joins the Fray

Augh! would be so good, but I find the face a bit... "wonky".
The way you drew his eyes makes him look as if he's wearing eyeshadow, and his expression is rather stale for an action shot, such as this.

Fix that, and you have a great piece, imo!

lightrail responds:

Thanks for the input! This was done some time ago, but it's always great to hear constructive criticism.